At Levinson Sullivan Dentistry, we stay on the cutting edge of dental science and technology. We are one of the few dental practices in Tulsa to offer Biolase laser dentistry, a revolutionary form of dental treatment that is effective and completely painless. With Biolase, we are able to treat a variety of conditions more precisely and much more quickly.
What Is Biolase?
Biolase is a laser dentistry system that can take the place of the drill and other traditional treatment devices used in dental practices. The system uses light energy that can be precisely pinpointed on the site that requires treatment, making procedures less invasive and time consuming. There are several Biolase systems available for dental practices, and Dr. Levinson uses the latest and most advanced system for best results.
For What Procedure Is Biolase Used?
At our Tulsa dental office, we use Biolase laser dentistry for a number of treatments, including:
- Canker sore treatments
- Periodontal maintenance and gum disease treatments
- We can also use Biolase to place a laser Band-Aid on a treated area to slow bleeding and reduce the risk of an infection following a procedure.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
There are a number of advantages to using Biolase in place of traditional dental tools, including:
- Painless Treatment: Because Biolase is so precise, there is typically no need for local anesthesia during treatment.
- Less Invasive: With laser dentistry, less of the tooth must be removed, allowing you to retain more of the natural enamel and underling tissue to keep your teeth strong.
- Faster Procedures: The laser is much faster than the drill, so you'll spend much less time in the chair.
- Less Anxiety: Treatments are much quieter without the unpleasant buzzing sound of the drill.
- Fewer Complications: Occasionally, drilling causes fractures and cracks in the dental enamel, and the risk of this is much lower with laser dentistry.
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Dentistry?
We are able to use the Biolase laser for many of the treatments that we perform at our Tulsa office. To find out if laser dentistry is an option for you, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Levinson or Dr. Sullivan.